UNA Celebrates College Colors Day
Sep. 01, 2022
Michelle R. Eubanks , UNA, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 256.765.4392
FLORENCE, AL – The State of Alabama is known for its many successes in college football, with teams at every level dominating the sport nationwide. As thousands of fans gather this weekend to support their favorite teams as they take the field, here are some additional points of pride for University of North Alabama Lions fans:
- This fall, UNA celebrates its 14th consecutive term of record enrollment with more than 9,500 students enrolled;
- UNA embraces its distinction as Alabama’s Workforce Development University, prioritizing degrees that lead directly to high-paying jobs and career advancement, with an emphasis on Computing, Engineering, Nursing and Health Professions, Accounting, Professional Management, and Early Childhood and Elementary Education, among others;
- UNA is a global campus, with international students comprising 10 percent of its total student body;
- Both online and graduate education are booming at UNA, with approximately 30 percent of all students earning degrees and credentials online, with the same percentage enrolled as graduate students; and
- UNA online students hail from 48 states and more than 50 countries.
In honor of the many contributions of Alabama’s 14 public universities, Gov. Kay Ivey has declared Friday, Sept. 2, as College Colors Day. UNA alumni and fans are invited to join faculty, staff, and students in wearing purple and gold on Friday and using the hashtag #collegecolorsday when sharing on social media.
The annual event is organized by Alabama’s Higher Education Partnership. Learn more at https://www.higheredpartners.org/college-colors-day.
About The University of North Alabama
The University of North Alabama is an accredited, comprehensive regional state university offering credential, certificate, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral programs in the colleges of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering; Business and Technology; Education and Human Sciences; and the Anderson College of Nursing and Health Professions. The first-choice University for more than 10,000 on-campus and online students, UNA is on a bucolic campus in Florence, Alabama, part of the historic and vibrant Shoals region. Lions Athletics, a renowned collegiate athletics program with seven (7) Division II National Championships, is now a proud member of the NCAA Division I’s ASUN Conference. The University of North Alabama is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate in the admission policy on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, age, or national origin. For more: www.una.edu and www.una.edu/unaworks/