University Of North Alabama Recognizes Top Award Recipients At Spring Commencement
May. 13, 2019
FLORENCE, AL - Seven University of North Alabama graduates received awards as part of the commencement ceremonies that took place over two days, May 10 and May 11, in Flowers Hall on the UNA campus. The recipients are:
- Karina Juarez Cisneros, of Tampico, Mexico, who earned her BBA double major in Economics and Professional Finance, was awarded the Keller Key and the Turris Fidelis.
- Alexandra Eryn May, of Pulaski, Tenn., who earned her BSED in Elementary Education, was awarded the Keller Key.
- Monica Camilla Parker, of Town Creek, who earned her BSED in Teacher Education - Multi-Level, Instrumental Music, was awarded the Keller Key.
- Amanda Paige Porter, of Acworth, Ga., who earned her BS degree in Professional Biology with a minor in Chemistry, was awarded the Keller Key.
- Dylan Rose, of Summertown, Tenn., who earned a BS degree in psychology with a minor in religious studies, was awarded the Turris Fidelis.
- Lacie Nicole Rowe, of Haleyville, who earned her BA in English and Professional Writing with a minor in History and Geography, was awarded the Keller Key.
- Megan Lynn Statom, of Florence, who earned her BS in Political Science with a minor in Legal Studies and Public Administration, was awarded the Keller Key.
The Keller Key Award is presented to the student or students with the highest grade point average from the graduating senior class. Each of the students had a 4.0 on a 4.00 scale, and each graduated summa cum laude.
The Turris Fidelis Award, which is awarded on the basis of outstanding service to the university, as well as superior scholastic achievements, is bestowed on up to two UNA seniors at the spring commencement ceremonies.
About The University of North Alabama
The University of North Alabama is an accredited, comprehensive regional state university offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs through the colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business, Education and Human Sciences, and the Anderson College of Nursing and Health
Professionals. Occupying a 130-acre campus in a residential section of Florence, Alabama, UNA is located within a four-city area that also includes Muscle Shoals, Sheffield, and Tuscumbia. UNA Athletics, a renowned collegiate athletics program with seven (7) Division II National Championships, is now a proud member of the NCAA Division I's ASUN Big South Conference. The University of North Alabama is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate in the admission policy on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, age, or national origin. For more: www.una.edu and www.una.edu/unaworks/