International Travel

Every time you enter the United States, whether for your first time here or when returning from travel, there are certain documents you must bring with you. Hand carry all of your required documents. Do not pack them in your luggage. 

Required Documents

  1. Passport 
  2. Visa
  3. Original signed I-20 Form or DS-2019
  4. Travel Signature (for continuing students)

Click here to access the Travel Signature Request Form.

You will be asked to sign in using your UNA credentials.

Helpful to carry

  1. Proof of Financial Support
  2. Evidence of acceptance to your school such as your Admission Letter
  3. Transcript
  4. Receipt for payment of I-901 Fee 
  5. Contact information for UNA DSO Sarah Stevens or DSO Cala Flippo

Form I-515A

If you do not have these documents, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer may either deny your admission into the United States or issue you a Form I-515A, “Notice to Student or Exchange Visitor.” If CBP denies your admission, you may not enter the United States.

If CBP issues you a Form I-515A, do not panic. Form I-515A is a checklist that tells you what information you are missing and what you need to do next. Here is what to expect if you receive a Form I-515A:

  • Tell International Student Services as soon as possible.
  • Immediately, begin collecting all the required information and then submit it to Sarah Stevens. She will assist you in submitting to SEVP.
  • Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) will process your documents and return the original copies to your DSO.
    • If you have correctly submitted this information, SEVP also will send your DSO a letter of approval, and the Form I-94, “Arrival/Departure Record” you receive will have an extended departure date.
    • Get these documents from your DSO and keep them in a safe place.
You have 30 days from when you receive a Form I-515A to submit missing documents or information to the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). Students not submitting these documents within 30 days, will no longer have permission to be in the United States and must leave the country.