Lorie M. Johnson
Lorie Johnson, Ph.D, is an associate professor in Elementary Education and the Director of Continuous Improvement and Accreditation in the College of Education and Human Sciences. She earned a Ph.D in Reading Education from Auburn University and currently serves as the State Coordinator for the International Literacy Association and on the board of the Alabama Literacy Association. She has experience as a classroom teacher, reading specialist and literacy coach and prior experience as an award-winning journalist. She is active in the community, serving on several local boards.
- Literacy, STEAM, Assessment
- EED 725 - Using Assessment for Inst Dec
- EED 678 - Practicum in Elementary Education K-6
- EED 651 - Special Topics
- EED 625 - Adv Stud in Asmt ECE & EED
- EED 603 - Creating Inclus Class Comm
- EED 602 - Applied Action Research
- EED 497 - Special Topics Elementary Ed
- EED 472 - Elem Ed Internship
- ECE 472 - Early Childhood Internship
- EED 420W - Rdg Lang Arts Elem Ed
- EED 415 - Reading 3 - 6
- EED 401 - Evaluation of Tchg and Lrng
- EED 373W - Language Arts 3-6
- Reading Education (PhD)
- Reading Education (MEd)
- Early Childhood Education (BS)
- Corporate Journalism (BA)
Selected Intellectual Contributions
- Lorie M. Johnson. 2018. STEAMing Ahead: How One ILA Chapter Used Community Partnerships to Create Powerful STEAM Events.
- Lorie M. Johnson. 2017. A lexical safari: Hunting for Words in the Early Childhood Classroom.
- Lorie M. Johnson. 2017. Can I Just Read Now? Creative Ways to Integrate Reading Across the Curriculum.
- Lorie M. Johnson. 2017. Unprepared: Are Educator Preparation Programs Effectively Training Pre-service Teachers to Teach English Language Learners?
- Lorie M. Johnson. 2013. Examining Irregular Word Learning: Do Readers Use Phonological Recoding and Crosschecking to Read Irregular Words?