Born and raised in Florence, Alabama. Graduated from Bradshaw High School and received my undergraduate degree from the United States Naval Academy. After graduation, I served in the navy for just over ten years as a Naval Flight Officer. After leaving the navy, I served as the Worship Leader at Tabernacle Church of Norfolk, Virginia, for eight years. After that I moved back to Florence in 2004, began a Masters program at UNA in January of 2005. I began teaching high school at Shoals Christian School (SCS) in the fall of 2006 and graduated from UNA with an MAEd in December of that same year. After teaching two years at SCS, I joined the faculty of UNA and have worked there since. Outside of my vocation, I enjoy playing tennis, golf, hiking, and listening to southern gospel music.
- Mathematics Education, Curriculum and Instruction
- MA 525 - Meth & Mat for Tchng Sec Math
- MA 425 - Mat & Meth for Tchng Sec Math
- MA 395 - Directed Research
- MA 252 - Geometry/Measurement Elem Tchr
- MA 121 - Cal for Bus & Life Science I
- MA 115 - Pre-calculus Algebra and Trig
- MA 113 - College Trigonometry
- MA 112 - College Algebra
- MA 100E - Intermediate Algebra Enhanced
- MA 100 - Intermediate Algebra
- Mathematics Nontraditional 6-12 (MAEd)
University of North Alabama
- Economics (BS)
U.S. Naval Academy
Selected Intellectual Contributions
- Jayson L. Jackson, Janet T. Jenkins, James A. Jerkins, Cynthia L. Stenger, and Mark G. Terwilliger. 2020. Exploring the Genetic Decomposition of Interior and Exterior Angles of Polygons with the Use of Computer Programming and GeoGebra.
- Jayson L. Jackson, Cynthia L. Stenger, James A. Jerkins, and Mark G. Terwilliger. 2019. Improving Abstraction through Python Programming in Undergraduate Computer Science and Math Classes. Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges
- Mark G. Terwilliger, Jayson L. Jackson, Cynthia L. Stenger, and James A. Jerkins. 2019. Using Computer Programming Activities and Robots to Teach Generalization of a Geometry Concept. Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges
- Cynthia L. Stenger and Jayson L. Jackson. 2017. Using Programming to Teach Mathematical Generalization.
- Jayson L. Jackson and Cynthia L. Stenger. 2015. CPR^2: Collaborative Partnership to teach mathematical Reasoning through Computer PRogramming.