Erin A. Gillespie
Associate Professor, Marketing
Dr. Erin Gillespie is an associate professor of marketing at the University of North Alabama (UNA). She joined UNA in Fall 2018 from Elon University in Elon, NC. Gillespie spent five years at Elon, serving as an assistant professor of marketing and director of the Chandler Family Professional Selling Center. Prior to Elon, she earned her Ph.D. from the University of Mississippi and received both her MBA and B.S. at Auburn University.
Dr. Gillespie loves being a part of the UNA family. She enjoys teaching sales and strategy classes. Gillespie serves as the Corporate & Student Engagement Coordinator for the Steele Center for Professional Selling. Through this role, she enjoys coaching students in sales competitions, which provides them opportunities to both sharpen their selling skills and gain powerful networking opportunities. She also is the founder and co-advisor of UNA's Women in Business, a student organization. Women in Business provides mentorship, networking, and skills-building workshops to empower UNA students.
Gillespie's work experience prior to entering academia includes both the pharmaceutical industry as a sales representative and the advertising industry as an assistant media strategist.
Outside of work, Dr. Gillespie enjoys spending time with her husband Corey (a cattle farmer) and their two little girls, Emmeline and Ellie. The girls definitely keep their parents' lives full of fun and laughter!
- General Sales Research
- Salesperson Psychological Factors
- Relationships within Sales
- Customer Relationships
- Business Administration (PhD)
The University of Mississippi
- Business Administration (MBA)
- Marketing (BSBA)
Selected Intellectual Contributions
- Lilian Guenzel and Erin A. Gillespie. 2020. Agile Sales: An Exploration of Agile Methodologies in Sales. Journal of Business, Industry and Economics
- Erin A. Gillespie and Stephanie M. Noble. 2017. Stuck like glue: the formation and consequences of brand attachments among salespeople. Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management
- Erin A. Gillespie, Katie Hybnerova, Carol Esmark, and Stephanie M. Noble. 2016. A tangled web: views of deception from the customer's perspective. Business Ethics: A European Review
- Erin A. Gillespie, Stephanie M. Noble, and Son K. Lam. 2016. Extrinsic versus intrinsic approaches to managing a multi-brand salesforce: when and how do they work? Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science
- Christy Ashley, Erin A. Gillespie, and Stephanie M. Noble. 2016. The effect of loyalty program fees on program perceptions and engagement. Journal of Business Research
- Sarah Alhouti, Erin A. Gillespie, Woojung Chang, and Lenita Davis. 2015. The Thin Line between Love and Hate of Attention: The Customer Shopping Experience. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice