Department of Foreign Languages
The Department of Foreign Languages at the University of North Alabama provides a major in Foreign Languages and Foreign Languages for Commerce, both offer concentrations in French, German, and Spanish. A minor is available. From 6 to 14 credit hours in the same foreign language are required in the general studies component of all Bachelor of Arts programs. The educational facilities of the Department of Foreign Languages are second to none. We have direct satellite feed into all classrooms offering the student educational programming from around the world. With our fully equipped languages laboratory, language students may use multimedia language computer software, Internet based resources, audio, and video to enhance their language skills.
Check the latest edition of GlobalTalk, the Foreign Languages newsletter, for the latest happenings in the department!
Attention: New requirements for the Foreign Language Major
The following checksheets list the new requirements in the 2013-2014 Undergraduate Catalog:
- Foreign Languages Newsletter Fall 2012 - GlobalTalk
- Spanish Conversation Table - Come join the Spanish Conversation Table!!! Starting September 4th, 2013 on the third floor of Wesleyan Hall. It will be held every Wednesday from 2:00-3:30. Beginning Spanish speakers always welcome. Hope to see you there.
CPI Spanish Language School in Costa Rica
Peru 2012 Study Abroad trip with Dr. Infanger
- Class Schedules
- UNA Bookstore
- Lab Resources
- FL 498 Audio Resources
- Costa Rica Blog
- Foreign Languages Internship
- What can I do with this major?
- Language Study In the Age of Globalization: The College-Level Experience
- Knowing Other Languages Brings Opportunities
- Learn more about the Foreign Language Honor Society
- Mission Statement of the Department of Foreign Languages
- Bilinguals Have Faster, More Adaptive Brains When They Get Older, Study Finds
- Travel Abroad Scholarship Application
- Departmental Scholarship Application and Guidelines
The Department of Foreign Languages congratulates Spanish majors Lela Aaron-Vicente, Lauren Daley, Linda Massey, German major Jordan T. Hoskins, and Spanish minor Olivia Melvin as the Spring 2013 recipients of the Foreign Languages Endowed Scholarships.