Visitors and Family
Directions to the University of North Alabama
Directions to UNA from Birmingham
- Take Interstate 65 north to Cullman
- Take Exit #310 and turn left (northwest) on Alabama Hwy 157 and go through West Point and Moulton
- Turn right (north) on Hwy 133 (also known as Wilson Dam Rd).
- Follow Wilson Dam Rd over Patton Island Bridge.
- After the bridge, stay straight and continue under the overpass (Hwy 133 will veer to the right).
- Continue straight at the next intersection
- Take the Florence Blvd exit and turn left under the overpass. Continue on Florence Blvd (Hwy 43 S).
- Follow the sign onto Tennessee Street to Downtown/UNA
- Turn right onto Seminary Street, which will bring you directly to the Harrison Entrance of campus.
- To reach the Office of Admissions, turn left and go one block and turn back to the left onto Court Street. Coby Hall is on the right with parking just past the building also on the right.
(An alternate route through Muscle Shoals would be to turn right (or north) onto Alabama 133 before getting to the U.S. 43 intersection. Highway 133 is also known as Wilson Dam Road and it crosses the new Patton Island Bridge into East Florence. That route provides an easy access to Braly Municipal Stadium, the site of UNA’s football games and the NCAA Division II National Championship Game. As the road’s current dead end, turn left, or west, onto Huntsville Road and approach the three-way intersection in the business district. Y to the right onto Royal Avenue which provides a direct route north to Braly. Royal passes under U.S. 72 coming from Huntsville.)
Directions to UNA from Huntsville
- Take U.S. Hwy 72 west through Madison, Athens, Rogersville and Killen to Florence
- in Florence, 72 also becomes Florence Boulevard, then Tennessee Street
- As Florence Boulevard makes a sweeping turn at the Florence Cemetery, be in the first right hand lane for a exit to Royal Avenue to go to Braly Municipal Stadium
- To go to main campus, stay in the next right hand lane which becomes Tennessee Street (due west and not angling southwest with the U.S. 72/43 designations.
- From Tennessee Street, turn right (north) on Seminary Street and follow it till it dead ends at the Harrison Entrance
- To get to Norton Auditorium, stay on Tennessee another block and turn right onto Court Street which will dead end at Irvine Avenue and Rogers Hall.
- Norton Auditorium sits to the left.
For another approach to Norton and to Flowers Hall (the basketball complex), stay on Tennessee still another block, then turn right (north) onto Pine Street, which crosses Irvine at the back of Norton and proceeds on north past Flowers Hall, which sits on the left beyond a bridge.
Directions to UNA from Memphis, Tennessee
- Take U.S. Highway 72 east through Germantown and Colliersville, Tennessee, Corinth and Iuka, Mississippi, and Cherokee, Barton, Pride and Tuscumbia, Alabama, to the intersection with U.S. 43
- Turn left (north onto 43, which will also be designated at that point, 72, 20 and 157)
- The roadway eventually becomes Woodward Avenue
- (See directions above for the Birmingham approach for the remainder of the route.)
Directions to UNA from Nashville, Tennessee
- Take I-65 south to Athens, Alabama, and exit at #351
- Turn right (west) on U.S. Highway 72
- See directions above for the Huntsville approach to UNA