Table of Contents
- I recently moved from the residence halls into an off-campus apartment, do I need to change my parking decal?
- I have locked the keys inside of my automobile.
- I had something stolen on campus. What do I need to do?
- If I am involved in an accident in a university lot, what do need to do?
- Where is the University of North Alabama, University Police located?
- How do I pay a University of North Alabama Parking ticket?
Answer: Yes. Please remove your current resident decal and bring it to the Department of University Police between normal business hours. For a nominal fee, the Administrative Secretary at the department will exchange it for a commuter decal. The same applies if you change to a different car. Remove the decal, it may come off in pieces but we will exchange it for a new decal at a nominal fee.
Answer: No. Due to liability reasons and the complex airbag systems utilized in modern automobiles, University Police Officers DO NOT open cars. Please contact either a bonded locksmith or a wrecker service to retrieve your keys. However, we will jump start a dead battery.
Answer: Immediately notify the University Police and report the offense. An officer will arrive, investigate the crime, and make a complete report of the incident. If a serial number is available, the item will be entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) database as being stolen.
Answer: Immediately notify the University Police and report the accident. If possible do not move the vehicles. An officer will arrive, and make a complete accident report. All parties involved can usually pick up a copy of the accident report after 3 working days.
Answer: We are on Waterloo Road, near the intersection of Stewart Avenue. The nearest campus buildings are the university apartments. From the center of campus go to Circular Road and take Circular Road west.
Answer: Fines may be paid in person at the University Police Department on Waterloo Road, mailed or placed in one of the curb-boxes, or paid online.