Phillip Dybicz received his Ph.D. from the University of Kansas and his MSW at the University of Houston. Dr. Dybicz’s research and scholarly interests include social welfare history; cultural and intellectual history of the profession; philosophical issues in social work; postmodern practice innovations—such as the strengths perspective and narrative therapy; cultural humility and diversity; and social justice and policy issues.
- Social work history and philosophy
- Social Work (PhD)
University of Kansas
- Social Work (MSW)
University of Houston
- Elementary Education (B.S.Ed.)
Illinois State University
Selected Intellectual Contributions
- Phillip Dybicz. 2021. The unfulfilled promise of scientific inquiry in advancing social work knowledge and practice. Social Sciences \& Humanities Open
- Phillip Dybicz. 2020. Postmodern Social Work: Reflective Practice and Education: by Ken Moffatt, New York, NY, Columbia University Press, 2019, 233 pp., $35 (paperback), ISBN\# 978-0231128018.
- Phillip Dybicz. 2019. Practice Wisdom of Expert Inquirers. Practice Wisdom.
- Sandra Lowe and Phillip Dybicz. 2019. Veteran Homelessness: Examining the Values of Social Justice Guiding Policy. Journal of Veterans Studies