Associate Professor, Education
- EDS 709 - Applied Research II
- IL 709 - Applied Research II
- EDS 702 - Applied Research I
- ED 625 - Digital Literacy
- ED 582 - High School Internship
- ED 540 - Methods and Materials - Eng/LA
- ED 497 - Special Topics in Education
- ED 484 - Multilevel Student Internship
- ED 482 - High School Student Internship
- ED 440 - Methods and Materials - Eng/LA
- ED 401 - Eval of Teaching & Learning
- ED 381 - Inst Technology for the HS
- ED 333W - Lrng Theories and Student Dev
- ED 299H - Honors Human Growth & Devlpmnt
- ED 299 - Human Growth and Development
- Instruction and Curriculum Leadership (EdD)
The University of Memphis
- Curriculum Instruction (MEd)
- English (BA)
Selected Intellectual Contributions
- Jessica S. Mitchell and Erin N. Vaughn. 2020. Participatory Literacy Practices for P-12 Schools in the Digital Age.
- Jessica S. Mitchell, V. C. Bryan, A. T. Musgrove, and J. R. Powers. 2018. Self-efficacy and persistence in a digital writing classroom: A case study of fifth-grade boys. Handbook of Research on Human Development in the Digital Age.
- J. S. Mitchell, R. F. Thompson, R. S. Anderson, E. Ortlieb, E. H. Cheek Jr., and W. Verlaan. 2016. Understanding a digital writing cycle: Barriers, bridges, and outcomes in two second-grade classrooms.. Writing Instruction to Support Literacy Success (Literacy Research, Practice and Evaluation, Volume 7).
- R. S. Anderson and Jessica S. Mitchell. 2015. Restructuring an early literacy methods course: Using virtual field experiences in a 7-week hybrid format (pp. 261-286).
- R. S. Anderson, J. S. Mitchell, R. F. Thompson, and K. D. Trefz. 2014. Supporting young writers through the writing process in a paperless classroom. In R.S. Anderson and C. Mims (Eds.). Handbook of Research on Digital Tools for Writing Instruction in K-12 settings. (pp. 337-362).
- R. S. Anderson, G. S. Goode, J. S. Mitchell, and R. F. Thompson. 2013. Four online discussion strategies: Perceptions of seven doctoral students..
- R S. Anderson, G S. Goode, Jessica S. Mitchell, R F. Thompson, Huffman, Rickman, and Wiedmaier. 2013. Using digital tools to teach writing in K-12 classrooms. Technological Tools for the Literacy Classroom.