What's Happening at UNA
My UNA Q & A
- Q: What’s my UNA email address & how do I access it?
- Q: Do I have a campus mailbox?
- A: Undergraduate students enrolled in 7 or more semester hours DO have a UNA mailbox. The mailroom is located on the first floor of the Guillot University Center (GUC) next to the bookstore and Office of Student Engagement. Not only can you receive mail and packages, you can send them as well.
What your Address will look like:
UNA Box ####
Florence, Alabama 35632
- Q: Who do I call in case of an emergency?
- A: Call Public Safety at 256-765-4357 (HELP). Anything from a dead car battery to a medical emergency, Public Safety can help. Also, be aware of the blue emergency poles located throughout campus—they call Public Safety as well.
- Q: How do I pay my bill on-line?
- Q: Is UNA wireless?
- A: YES! The wireless network that can be accessed all across campus, with the exception of some of the residence halls, is called “lionair.” When you click the network, you will be prompted to enter your UserID and password. These are the same as the access to your email account.
- Q: What is LionAlert and why do I need it?
- Q: Where do I find my on-line class information?
- A: On-line courses, as well as information on all of your classes, is located under the “My Courses” tab in your UNA Portal. Most online courses use a program called “Blackboard Learning System.” Just click on the course title and a new window should pop up. Blackboard lets you view course material, reading assignments, quizzes, assignments, etc. There is also a separate Blackboard email that your instructor will use to contact you during the semester—so don’t forget to check it on a regular basis. For more info on how to use Blackboard, click on the HELP link in your Blackboard window.
- Q: What is the Student Services Tab of UNA Portal?
- A: This tab is the hub of all your important information. You can update your personal information including emergency contacts; the Student sub-tab is where you can register for classes, view your schedule, your transcripts, and degree audits. The Financial Aid sub-tab provides you with a summary of your awards, as well as information about lenders. And the Employee sub-tab is where you can fill out time sheets and tax forms if you have an on-campus job. Learn to navigate this section well...you’ll use it A LOT!
- Q: Where do I park? Where’s my decal?
- A: UNA parking has 3 basic decals with corresponding lines in the parking lots. RED=On-Campus Residents, White=Commuter Students, GREEN=Faculty/Staff. Parking decals usually come in your UNA mailbox at the beginning of the fall semester; if not, go to Public Safety
- Q: What’s a MANE card?