University of North Alabama MBA
MBA Financial Aid
Graduate Students may apply for unsubsidized student loans by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Typically, a student must be enrolled in two graduate classes per semester [considered half-time] to qualify for federal student loans. An online application and additional information is available at UNA’s Student Financial Services website.
Note: You should submit your online application at least 8 weeks prior to the term in which you intend to enroll.
To address a specific question or additional information you may contact UNA Student Financial Services at 256-765-4278. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CST).
Student LoansTo make application for the Federal Stafford Loan:
- Go to www.una.edu/financial-aid
- Complete the Online Loan counseling session
- Complete the online FAFS
Eligible Classifications. A student must be enrolled in an eligible program in order to receive federal financial assistance. Special students, transient students, and unclassified students are not eligible for federal financial aid, including federal student loans.
Return of Title IV Funds. A student who receives federal student aid and subsequently withdraws from the University is subject to federal regulations and may have to return a portion of federal aid to the University.
Satisfactory Academic Progress. To be eligible for federal student aid, the student must meet the following standards of academic progress:
- Academic Standing. An applicant who is on academic probation is not eligible to receive federal student aid.
- Hours Completed/Hours Attempted Comparison. An applicant must pass 75 percent of all work attempted at UNA. All hours attempted at UNA, including hours which may have been dropped, and terms from which the applicant may have withdrawn, are included in this calculation.
- Maximum Time Frame: Graduate students are allowed a maximum of 45 hours to complete graduate degree requirements.
Complete details on this policy, including reinstatement and appeal options, are available on the UNA web site or upon request from Student Financial Services.
Tuition Assistance is available to all Active Duty, Active Guard/Reserve, and military and civilian personnel of the Army National Guard, through the Defense Activity for Nontraditional Education Support (DANTES), which qualifies active duty military personnel for tuition reimbursement.
If you are in the military and wish to learn more about the DANTES program, and how it can help you complete your college degree at the University of North Alabama, you can call DANTES, or phone CSU's Admissions Department.
The University of North Alabama is approved for Veterans' Educational Benefits. Eligible learners may apply for benefits by calling the VA Office for assistance at 1-800-827-1000 or visiting their website (VA Office).
Withdrawal and Refund PolicyFall and Spring Semesters
- The 100% refund period is effective through the close of business on the 8th calendar day from the date classes begin.
- No tuition refunds are granted beginning on the 9th calendar day from the date classes begin, except in certain cases with medical, military, or other extenuating circumstances.
- The 100% refund is effective only on the day classes begin.
- A 50% refund period is effective only on the 2nd day from the date classes begin.
- No tuition refunds are granted beginning on the 3rd day from the date classes begin, except in certain cases with medical, military, or other extenuating circumstances.