Information Technology Services
Office 365 Student Advantage Program
In an effort to help prepare students for the technology skills required in the workforce, Microsoft announced Student Advantage.
Currently enrolled students can now use Office every day for school work and activities that are most important to them. Office not only helps students stay organized and get their work done today but at the same time develops skills that will be required when they enter the work force.
There is no cost to download and run the full versions of Office provided in the Student Advantage program. You can also access the Microsoft Mobile apps on smartphones or tablets
Who can install and use the Student Advantage Office products?
The subscription covers all currently enrolled UNA students with an Office 365 account.
How many copies of the software can I install?
Students can install the office software on up to 5 computers.
What Operating Systems and devices can I install the Office products on?
The student Advantage Office install will work on Windows 7 or greater, Mac OS X 10.6 or greater.
What is included with Office 365 ProPlus license?
- Office 365 ProPlus for PC (Office 2013 ProPlus base applications)
- Office 365 ProPlus for Mac (Office 2011 for Mac base applications)
- Office Mobile for iPhone
- Office Mobile for Android
Will I be able to keep the copy of Office once I graduate or leave UNA?
No. The install of Office is tied to your email@example.com email account. You must log into Office 365 at least once every 30 days so Office can verify that you are still an enrolled student. If you are or were a student who is no longer enrolled and access to your email has been removed, the office installs you performed under the account will become read-only, so you will not be able to edit files with them.
UNA participates in the Microsoft Student Advantage program. This program provides free access to the full versions of Microsoft Office to enrolled students for home use. Instructions on how to install the software are listed below:
Install Office Pro Plus from the Student Advantage Program
Below are instructions on how to install Office Pro Plus on a Windows 7 machine. The installation process is similar for Windows 8 and the Mac OS.
1. Using the computer you want to install Office on do the following: Login to your Office 365 email account at: https://outlook.com/una.edu
(email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not know your Office 365 email account).
2. Once logged in, click on the setting’s gear in the upper right corner and select Office 365 Settings.
3. On the left side, select Software.
4. The system will detect the operating system you are running and recommend the latest version of Office for you to install. Once you verify the version to install, click the Install button.
5. If you are prompted to Run or Save the file, select Run.
6. Microsoft Office will install in the back- ground and after a few minutes you will receive notice stating “Welcome to your new Office.” At this screen click Next.
7. Follow the prompts through the installation, selecting the options you want.
8. When all options are selected, a video will play explaining some of the features of Office. Once the video is done, it will ask you to Sign in. At the Sign in prompt, enter your email@example.com email address, and click Next.
9. Follow the remaining prompts and when complete you can begin to use the Office products.
Mac users will activate Office by:
- Opening office
- Select “Sign in to an existing office 365 Subscription”
- Type in your UNA Email Address
- Click Organizational Account
- Login with your UNA Email address and Unaportal Password.
Installation on Mobile Devices
Go to your app store on your mobile device (iTunes for iOS devices, Google Play for Android)
- Search for Office Mobile for Office 365 Subscribers (Note: On iPad,
you may need to change search setting to "iPhone apps only").
- Install the app on your device.
- After the installation is complete, open the app.
- When prompted, enter your UNA student email address.
- Select Organization account and type your Unaportal password.