New Students report on Sunday, June 1 at 9:00am CST, to Powers Hall Reception
Sign up for New Student Orientation
- Available on-line here
- Students who don't sign up prior to arrival may not have a space in the orientation
The Office of International Affairs looks forward to your arrival for the upcoming semester. This is an exciting time that is filled with many questions concerning what needs to be done before you leave your home country, how to arrive, and what to bring with you. The following list will help you prepare for a successful transition from your home country to UNA.
Before leaving your home countryMake copies of all important documents. Students may want to leave a set in their home country and pack one in their suitcase. Documents including:
- Transcripts/School Records
- Other legal documentation
Sign up for a place to live
To live on campus, register for University Housing before arrival
- Contact Department of Residence Life at http://una.orgsync.com/org/unareslife
How to arrive
- Book your ticket to have your final destination at one of the following airports:
- Northwest Alabama Regional Airport in Muscle Shoals, Alabama (MSL)
- Huntsville International Airport (HSV) in Huntsville, Alabama
Sign up for Airport Transportation
- Available on-line here.
- Airport pick-up service to Huntsville Airport (HSV) is ONLY available on select dates.
- The mandatory arrival date at UNA is listed on the acceptance letter.
- Avoid arriving excessively early as many services are not available when the University is closed.
Missed flights or late arrivals should notify The Office of International Affairs as soon as possible. Our office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm Central Stand Time. Students may leave a phone Contact us by email or phone:
- (256) 765-4626
Safe Travel Tips
The Office of International Affairs encourages you to travel safely when arranging for arrival to UNA. Here are some travels tips for arriving safely:
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash
- Do not put your passport, acceptance letter, or 1-20 in your checked baggage
- Do NOT put cash in the baggage you plan to check
- Have emergency contact information for UNA in your carry-on bag
- Have necessary funds available for food and travel expenses such as hotels or taxi fare
- Students arriving late at night should eat before the final destination, during an airport layover
- Keep track of your documents and personal items while traveling
- If you plan on arriving at an airport other than MSL or HSV as your final destination you will be responsible for arranging your own transportation to UNA.
What To Bring
- Florence has all four seasons. You should remember to bring clothing appropriate for a range of temperatures.
- Bedding is not provided in the Residence Halls. It can be purchased upon arrival or brought with you. Visit the Residence Life web page for more information about living on campus. The following are a few items that you will need to provide for your on-campus room.
- Twin sized sheets
- Clothing Hangers