Department of Housing
- Cable television connection
- Wireless high-speed Internet access
- Vending machines
- Study labs
- Bath facilities
- Air-conditioned & heated rooms
- Laundry facilities
- Custodial services for community areas
- Building card-access
- Adjacent to Towers Cafeteria
- Kitchen area
- TV lounge
- Computer lab
- On-site parking
- View Photos of Rivers Hall
For Fall 2011-Spring 2012, Rivers Hall became co-ed by floor for freshmen only. This traditional-style hall is dedicated to residential programming that targets the traditional-age first-time first-year student to make the transition to campus life a positive community experience. Rivers Hall houses 431 residents on eight residential floors.
Rivers Hall connects to Rice Hall by Towers Cafeteria to form the Towers Complex. They are located on Pine Street across from the athletic field.
Standard rooms are designed to house two residents per room. Each resident has an extra-long twin bed, desk chair, desk, closet, and chest of drawers. Extra storage is provided by built-in shelves between windows. The newly renovated rooms are fitted with movable furniture, which allows residents to customize their room.
The lounge, kitchen, vending machines, laundry facilities, and community TV lounge / activity area are located on the mezzanine. Smoking is not permitted anywhere within any residence hall.
The computer lab includes PC's and Macintosh, with a networked printer on the mane card system. Residence hall computer labs are open to residents only.
Two community bath facilities are located on each floor. Typically, each consists of five showers, and five toilets, all with privacy enclosures, plus four lavatories with mirrors.
Card access entrance and 24-hour security are provided. All guests must sign in and be escorted by the host resident at all times. Structured visitation hours are enforced.
A campus parking deck and parking lots are adjacent to the building. Plus, Rivers faces the athletic field and is just a few steps from the University's student recreational center.
- Double (standard): Two persons in room. Room is 12' x 15'. Two windows; mini- blind size is 23"x 64".
- Double as single: Same room as double room but only one person. No furniture can be removed. Cost is higher.
- Inside single: [Limited availability] Accommodations are for only one student; room measures 12' x 12'. No outside window; a 12" x 50" window overlooks inside activity area.
- Triple as double: [Limited availability] Only 2 residents in triple room at a higher rate. Room measures 11'7" x 15' plus an additional 7' x 11'7" space. Mini-blind size is 23" x 64".