Annual Loan Limits (combined maximum for subsidized and unsubsidized) under the Stafford Loan Programs effective July 1, 2008:
- Dependent Undergraduate students
- Freshmen - $5500
- Sophomores - $6500
- Juniors and Seniors - $7500
The aggregate limit is $31,000 (no more than $23,000 may be in subsidized loans)
- Independent Undergraduate students
- Freshmen - $9500
- Sophomores - $10,500
- Juniors and Seniors - $12,500
The aggregate limit is $57,500 (no more than $23,000 may be in subsidized loans).
- Graduate Students
- $20,500 annually, limited to cost of attendance. As required by the Budget Control Act of 2011, EFFECTIVE WITH LOANS WITH A FIRST DISBURSEMENT DATE ON OR AFTER JULY 1, 2012, Graduate Students are eligible for UNSUBSIDIZED LOANS ONLY.
The aggregate limit for graduate students is $138,500 (no more than $65,000 of this amount may be in preexisting subsidized loans as Graduate students became ineligible for subsidized loans after July 2012).