2015 Transfer Scholarships
Transfer Scholarship Deadline: Monday, June 1, 2015
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships
• Minimum 3.25 Transferable GPA and
• Minimum of 48 Transferable Credit Hours
• Membership in PTK must be in "good standing."
To be considered for a PTK Scholarship, a student must apply for admission (which requires an application, application fee, and all transcripts) to the University and have a letter of recommendation from a PTK advisor stating that the student is in "good standing" with PTK. All requirements must be met by June 1, 2015. There is no separate formal scholarship application.
Special Notes about Transfer Scholarships
• These scholarships are renewable for three additional continuous semesters, excluding summer terms.
• All scholarship awards are subject to change depending on fund availability, budgetary constraints, and the size/quality of the applicant pool. No commitment should be made by any party on behalf of the University other than authorized officials in the President’s Office, Office of Student Financial Services and/or the Office of Admissions.
• Only U.S. citizens are eligible for the PTK Scholarship.
• A student may receive only one PTK Scholarship.
• Recipients must be in good standing at all two-year colleges attended, have at least a 3.25 transferable grade point average, and have a minimum of 48 transferable credit hours as of June 1, 2015.
• These scholarships are for students transferring immediately to UNA from a two-year community college. Transfer students who have attended four-year institutions and students who are currently in high school are not eligible.
• All scholarship offers are time sensitive and must be accepted by the date specified in the official scholarship award letter.
• Scholarship awards are fixed dollar amounts that may be used to pay all University charges without respect to any specific charge.
• SFS may refer to the Academic Success Center for advising, counseling, and further orientation all Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship recipients earning less than a 3.00 GPA in their first year at UNA.
Special Recognition Scholarships
These special designation or special recognition scholarship include, but at not limited to, All Alabama Team, Gorgas Scholars, and other recognized academic or leadership organizations. Such students are eligible to be considered on the same basis as other students meeting UNA's scholarship due date and eligibility criteria. A student may receive the higher of any qualifying UNA Scholarship. A student will not receive more than one Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship.
Scholarship offers of any amount to students who have achieved a special designation or special recognition based on performance in extra-curricular activities or academic competition are not guaranteed. All scholarship awards are subject to change depending on fund availability, budgetary constraints, and the size/quality of the applicant pool. No commitment shall be made by any party on behalf of the University other than authorized officials in the President’s Office or the Director of Student Financial Services. All offers may not be equal in either dollar amount or renewability terms.
Offers for Special Recognition Scholarships
• Non-qualifying UNA Scholarship Student…………………..$2,000/Year (Phi Theta Kappa)
• Qualifying UNA Scholarship Student……………Original Scholarship + 2,000/Year
• The maximum amount of any such combination of offers will not exceed $8,500/Year.
Special Note About Out of State Scholarship Students
At their June 9, 2014 meeting, the UNA Board of Trustees approved a resolution adopting a portion of the provisions of House Bill 424 pertaining to out of state students being eligible to pay the resident tuition rate for enrollment at the University of North Alabama. This provision allows out of state students receiving a scholarship award of $1,000 or more to be eligible for the resident tuition rate. The out of state student must meet the following criteria to be eligible to pay the resident tuition rate:
The student must be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled at UNA who is receiving an institutional scholarship award of $1,000 or more in recognition of a particular talent or ability, provided such student possessed the talent or ability at the time of initial enrollment and maintains continuous scholarship eligibility at UNA. Scholarship funds provided by the UNA Foundation and scholarships funded by external organizations do not qualify the student for the resident tuition rate.
The student may no longer be eligible for the resident tuition rate at UNA if the student does not maintain continuous scholarship eligibility.