FAQ: Business Office/Bursar
How do I view my account online and/or pay my account online?
To access your account, go to www.una.edu and select UNA Portal.
Once logged in, select the following:
- Self-Service Banner
- Student Account
- Account Summary
*For security reasons, you will be required to log in again using your UNA Portal ID and password.
You may also access your student account directly by going to the UNA homepage and selecting Tuition Payment.
Non-student payers who have been authorized by a UNA student may view and pay a student's bill on their behalf. Authorized payers can only be established by the student. UNA cannot establish an authorized payer for the student. Authorized users will first be prompted to log into a secure site with the appropriate ID and password combination.
To add an authorized user to your student account:
- Follow the above steps to login to your Student Account
- Click on the Authorized Users tab and follow the prompts
The authorized user that you have specified will receive an email notification containing their initial password and login instructions. An email notification will be sent to each address provided when a new E-Bill becomes available.
To access the account for which you are authorized:
- Visit the Authorized User login page by going to the UNA home page and selecting Tuition Payment -OR -
- Select UNA Portal, then select Authorized User Login
- Log in with your email address and the initial password information provided in your welcome email.
What types of payments are accepted online?
Within the E-Bill account, a student or authorized individual can make online student account payments with an electronic check (e-check) or with a credit card. UNA accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. The option to pay by e-check and credit card are available online or in person only.
How do I mail a payment?
Mail checks payable to the University of North Alabama to:
Business Office, UNA Box 5001, Florence, AL 35632.
Please indicate the student’s I.D. number on the memo line of the check.
How will I receive my billing statement?
Electronic Billing (E-Bill) is the official means of providing student account statements to all current UNA students. When a new bill is available an email notification will be sent to the student’s UNA Portal account and to any Authorized Users established by the student. Students are advised to check their email regularly.
How do I report non-UNA scholarships, employer education plans, state benefits, etc., to UNA?
- Employer Sponsorship Assistance Programs: Employers may submit vouchers or checks. Vouchers should be sent to the Business Office; checks should be mailed to Student Financial Services.
- GI Dependent Benefits: The office of Veteran Affairs will issue the student and UNA a certificate of eligibility once the student's application has been approved.
- PACT (Prepaid Alabama Affordable College Tuition): PACT should issue the student an eligibility card or letter and send a copy of the documents to UNA's Business Office.
- External Scholarships from schools, churches, organizations, etc.: Students who are receiving an external scholarship should have checks mailed to Student Financial Services.
Be sure that documentation and checks are submitted to the appropriate office at UNA to ensure that your student account is properly credited by the bill due date. Please remember that payment of a student's account is always the student's responsibility.
Send vouchers and other documents to:
Attn: Aleah Clark
UNA Box 5001
Florence, AL 35632
Send checks to:
Student Financial Services
UNA Box 5014
Florence, AL 35632
Does UNA offer a payment plan?
UNA offers an interest-free monthly payment option through Tuition Management Systems (TMS).
I have been awarded a student loan, but am a first-time freshman with a 30 day delayed disbursement. How will this affect my payment due?
The Business Office is aware of the 30-day delay required for the first loan disbursement of first-time freshmen. Payment of your account will be deferred up to the amount of the loan disbursement during the 30-day delay.
The difference between the total amount owed and the expected loan disbursement must be paid by the payment due date to avoid cancellation of your schedule.
Please note that in order to defer your payment as stated above, you must complete all required steps to accept and obtain your financial aid by the payment due date. Failure to comply may result in your schedule being voided.
To view the steps to secure your loan funds, click here.
I need additional information. How do I contact UNA?
To contact the Business Office, you may call 256-765-4442 or call 1-800-TALK-UNA and ask for extension 4442.
To contact other departments, visit the online departmental directory.